Thursday 24 May 2012

That Friday Feeling...

Friday's are a bit of a non-event at the moment, thanks to sacrificing two of my team to the Gods of "Operational Efficiency" I now have to work on Fridays for two months out of every six. This is not what Fridays in Dubai are for. Fridays in Dubai should be about one thing and one thing only; Brunch!! For those of you unfamiliar with the concept, Friday Brunch is something of an institution in Dubai, whereby swanky (and some not so swanky) hotels throw open their doors between 12:00 and 16:00 for an all you can eat and drink session of gluttony. My favourite of these is the Spectrum on One Brunch at The Fairmont Hotel. 550 Dh gets you unlimited Champagne (not some ropey Cava or second rate Prosecco, actual Champagne), Martinis, Mojitos, all house Wines, Beers and Spirits and a fantastic array of superb food. It is inevitable that some sort of lunacy will occur... Last time I was there, the two girls in our party started making out in the bar (much to the simultaneous amusement and horror of the restaurant manager) and ended up in bed together. I ended up necking Tiki Puka Pukas in Trader Vic's before accidentally wandering into Rocky B's on my home. My friend and I ended up consuming so much Red Bull (VRB and Bullfrogs) that we were both wide awake at 8:00 the next morning. We had another beer, watched a Movie, then headed out to The Irish Village. Well... It was St Patrick's Day...

No comments:

Post a Comment