Wednesday 23 May 2012

Flying, in every sense...

Well, Emirates didn't disappoint, the Business Class cabin of my flight back to The Sand Pit yesterday was virtually empty, so the Flight Attendants were even more attentive than usual. The white wine of choice was a rather lovely 2008 Chablis Premier Cru, and once I had started drinking it, they never allowed my glass to be empty. This, on top of all the Rioja and Champers in the Departure Lounge meant that I was more than a little bit wobbly when I touched down at DXB. A quick stop in Duty Free to pick up a bottle of Lagavulin to replace the one I accidentally drank last week and then on to the chauffeur drive desk to find a car to take me home. A bit of drunk texting may have occurred, but I got home in one piece and collapsed into bed. Very happy to find that my maid had put clean sheets on my bed ready for my return.

No comments:

Post a Comment