Tuesday 22 May 2012

Getting on the plane and turning left...

Some people don't like flying, but I actually rather enjoy it. I especially enjoy flying Business Class, and Emirates do that really well. For an airline founded and based in a "dry" country, these guys go to amazing lengths to ensure that you can get absolutely arse-holed both before and during the flight. I'm currently sitting in the Emirates lounge at Gatwick, and I'm the only person here. I have at my exclusive disposal a full hot and cold buffet and a self service bar stocked with a full range of beer, wines and spirits, including Veuve Clicquot NV, all there for the taking. As I write, I am enjoying a plate of assorted cheese and a rather fine 2008 Rioja. Once I've finished that, I'll probably move on to the Veuve. Once on the plane, the booze will keep flowing as I enjoy a pre take-off glass of 2002 Vintage Veuve, then a couple of G&Ts before dinner is served... Like I said; I rather enjoy flying...

No comments:

Post a Comment