Monday 11 June 2012

Where did the weekend go...?

So, Friday evening saw the DDG AGM followed by a manic drinking session done only the way that amateur thesps know how. The venue was 1up Bar and Lounge in Tecom and Karaoke was the order of the day. After slamming the regulars with my renditions of Sweet Child o' Mine, One Week, Iris, I'm Yours and Tribute, and running up an 800 Dh Bar Tab (consisting mostly of Gin and Jagermeister) I was awarded the 500 Dh first prize purely by virtue of being the last man standing. Needless to say, Saturday got off to a bit of a slow start. Even so, I still managed to knock up a pretty awesome Lasagne using fresh pasta that I made that very afternoon. The Amarone Valpollicella that the missus brought back from her last trip to foreign made a beautiful accompaniment to this and we rounded off the the evening with a couple of digestifs and a snooze in front of the telly. Tonight, I am mostly avoiding the football in the highest bar in the world (At.Mosphere at Burj Khalifa) with an 18 yr old Macallan Single Malt and a Monte Cristo No.2....

No comments:

Post a Comment